24 September 2007

two weeks in review...



i've somehow found myself spending the last couple of weeks feeling rather like this:

















but two weeks ago, two of my little cherubs from atex bought me tickets to acl. i saw some great music, hung out with old friends, got a horrific sunburn, and saw bob dylan for the second time in my life. he played my most favorite song, ever. i laughed til my stomach was sore. my nose is still peeling...









i had some trouble going to sleep friday night, after my little b-day dinner party, featuring birthday flan. it's been hard to get my head around the idea of turning 29. i remember my mom's 29th birthday-- my dad and God-mother threw her a wake. it's odd to be an age that i remember my mother being. very, very surreal. i've been kind of pouty about starting the last year of my twenties, to tell the truth. it feels so...i don't know, settled? i mean, i own a house, a car, i have life insurance, i have a pet, i own a vaccum cleaner, and i go through a can of starch every other week. i bought a toilet and opened and ira account. i go on business trips. it's all very surreal, and seems to all have happened very, very fast. and i guess i got sidetracked into feeling like i was starting this static point in my life, instead of choosing to feel like i am beginning some of the best of times, precisely because i am settling down. granted, there are days when i'm not what i imagined i would be at this point in my life. but, my reality is kind of growing on me. and in those small hours saturday morning, i found myself thanking God for what is, and not asking God for what isn't. that's kind of a nice place to be...
mil besos--rmg

No comments: