01 November 2005

happy hour, anyone?

this lady needs an extra-strength martini, with extra olives, and a set of balls so she can say "no" to more projects. i just got done with a very unsatisfying planning meeting, for an even this weekend, which up until the meeting, i felt pretty good about. now, not so much. i am so irritated that i took time out of my day to drive for and hour each way to do a freaking status update, to find out that two people still hadn't done things i'd asked them to to four weeks ago. i almost threw a fit. i did manage to gracefully remind them that i was on a schedule and that we had shit to do , so to please keep tangents to a minimum. why do i feel like a bitch? yuck!remind me that i'm doing this because i like people and love the baby jesus. remind me that my way isn't the only way to get things done. remind me that it's ok to call people out when they are being dumbasses and wasting my time and others. remind me, ok?

and then, i find out that the lobby job is getting ratcheted up by a LONG shot, which means more green for me, but also more research and lots more phone calling. remind me why this is a good idea. remind me that this is keeping my foot in the door for other things, and giving me great work experience and networking capabilities. remind me,ok?

geeze oh man, when did my little life get so freaking busy? this morning, i was all in the dumps about neglecting my social life, and wondering how in the hell i was going to save myself from being a hermit for the rest of my life. suddenly, that seems like a moot point.

ok, enough griping. i have phone calls to make, and media contacts to track down. i love you crazy people.

mil besos--rmg

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel-if you shake the Gin you will bruise it, so please please stir it, unless you are using vodka, then shake away. Well, actually, do it how ever you want, I'm sure you will still obtain the desired effect. So, are you craving a Ben's Chili Bowl Half-Smoke? I know I am. I might just have to send you one in dry ice to go along with your 'tini! Well, friend hang in there and kick some un-organized ass. Laura

Anonymous said...

I hear you on that, only could you make mine a margarita with an extra shot of tequila.... last I recall the rachel graves I knew was not lacking in the area of stepping up and telling people to pull their heads out of their asses and get their shit done, but just in case it's an off day remind them that you're a busy women in high demand so pull it together and make it worth your while.... miss you, lots of love, l sykes

Anonymous said...

I would totally join you in happy hour. Unfortuantly I can't.

Where are you? Why don't you pick up your phone...shheessh.

-Chase