01 February 2007

by the numbers...

i know some of you love these posts...and i shamelessly ripped this idea off from national public radio...and i'm shamelessly posting up one for the masses, yet again.


2--the number of times last week i went to the grocery store, after working out at the gym and looked like i had peed in my pants. i just didn't give a crap.

3--the number of languages i heard at one time in the steam room at my gym. i guess i could also mention that there was a chronic grunter in there the other day, as well. i made my visit a little shorter than i would have liked, because the grunting was totally harshing my endorphin buzz and freaking me out. said grunter was also quite hairy, and grunting in time to his i-pod.

12--the number of pictures i still have left to hang in my apartment because i don't get around to hanging them until about 10:30pm, and don't want to alienate the neighbors.

6--the average number of hours of sleep i've been getting

9--the average number of hours i'd be happy to be getting

10--the number of ass pounds i've lost since embarking upon my 2007 Quest For Self-Empowerment and Improvements

3--the number of pounds of organic greens i consumed in the last 2 weeks. i now officially hate radiccio

20--the average number of text messages i send in one day. it's really hard to do punctuation to my liking on the damn things, though.

17--number of times a day i think "i should just break down and get an i-pod shuffle".

3--number of times a day i plan imaginary vacations with assorted people

1--number of times a week i teach kindergarten chapel at the day school, and have to beg my ovaries to SHUT THE HELL UP BECAUSE WE ARE NOT READY TO HAVE A DATE, MUCH LESS A KID!

4--the number of kitchen implements my nephew carried into the living room of his house last week. his new favorite toy is my sister-in-law's cast iron skillet. he likes it so much that his parents had to hide it from him. he's also learned the word "no". things are about to get interesting with the petite, if you ask me.

11--the number of hours i have spent in the last 7 days in various emergency rooms, hanging out with people who go to my church

4--the number of hours i spent having coffee with sweet little grammies at my church this week. ok, i only had coffee for two of the hours, and water for the other two. i was very grateful the entire time, however, that my mother taught me decent manners.

28--the number of years i have been my mother's child. her birthday is monday. i'm glad she's my mother. happy birthday, mommy.

3.5--the number of hours i planned to work today. HA!

1--the number of adult drinks i could reasonably consume before falling asleep.

peace out,
word up,
mil besos,
rmg

No comments: