14 June 2007

bone tired...

i haven't really stopped moving since about may 5th. and i'm not complaining about that, i'm just saying i've been going, going, going for a month and change. and a lot of water has gone under the bridge between then and now. i'm going to my momma's house this weekend, to see the extended fam, mess with my little fat nephew (who is so strong that he can break out of his playpen at will...talk about a hoss...), drink beer with my brother, hear stories i've heard a million times, and some that i've never heard before. it will be a wonderful time, i'm sure. and i might even sleep. maybe. i hate to miss something due to a nap. but that's the story of my life.

i've been so busy this week. between trips to the hospital with little old ladies, communion appointments, and just trying to get my office in some kind of order after moving into a different part of the building, i'm a little frazzled. and i only made it to the gym once this week. boo. very, very bad. but it's ok. i just can't wait until next weekend, when i have absolutely nothing planned at all. and i refuse to do anything. period. i might go to the pool and work on my tan. i might work in my backyard. i might do laundry. or i might just read on my porch, nap in my bed, dust my room, and not turn on the tv for 48 hours. of course, that's assuming that none of my critical cases step on rainbows to go be with Jesus (footnote--kinky friedman), and i'm not planning funerals or dealing with their relatives. it's a crap shoot. we'll keep our fingers crossed, at any rate.

it's almost time for another "by the numbers" post, but i'm waiting on a couple of things from this weekend before i blow your mind with any stats from my mostly-mundane but personally gratifying existance.

for now, i'll leave you guys with the advice to go out and buy the new brandi carlile cd (much gras to caro, who gave it to me)--some of the songs make me want to throw myself under a bus, but in a good way. i think i'm nursing a new crush, and i'm kind of moderately excited about that. sweet. and, if you need a new cd to dance by, go pick up the new mika disc (ryan sent this one to me...oh my friends who send me music because they know i am a)descriminating and b)making mortgage payments, you rock my socks off, quite literally...) it's great for jamming out during traffic and makes you want to smooch on someone fun and dance til the wee hours.

i've been reading ts eliot, william blake, and shelby foote. my mind is a little muddy. and i'm sleeeeeeepy. sorry the last two posts have been so lame. i'll try and do better. i promise.

mil besos--rmg

No comments: