23 September 2004

surreality

ok, so around 1:30 this morning, i had to get up and go potty. it took me until 3:30 ish to get back to sleep. go figure. that's the thanks i get from the body i am trying to hydrate. traitor...

at any rate, i tried frantically to go back to sleep, and all i could think of were things i needed to do at work, as well as possible blog topics to write about. once again, go figure.

some of you may know my deep affection for john cusak movies. i love them. and one of my absolute favorites was "high fidelity", based on the eponymous book by nick hornby. great book, great movie. and in the book/movie, the main character has this habit of making top five lists. i adore that. i think you can tell a lot about a person based on the topic of the lists, as well as content thereof. so this morning, in the wee wee (ha ha, get it?) hours, i came up with a list all my own to share with you guys.

ahem,

top five most surreal locations/happenings i've dealt with thus far(in no particular order)

1. being farted at/on-to during a staff meeting when i worked in dc, with nary a word to excuse the farter or to comfort the fartee (that would be me)

2. seeing an actual shark in the wild while i was snorkeling off key west three summers ago

3. last night in my car, giving "the talk" (you know the talk i'm talking about) to five of my high school cherubs

4. actually being on top of the empire state building, site of two of my favorite love stories-- an affair to remember and sleepless in seattle

5. getting coffee at national press club, and being pissed that the guy in line in front of me was hogging all the cream, only to realize that said cream hog was none other than former vice-presidential candidate joseph liberman. he's very short, and likes the cream ALOT


and there you have it, my dearies. a top five that kept me up and amused until 3:30 this am.
peace out. word to yo mutha.

mil besos-r

No comments: