08 August 2005

reset

ok, campers. the great move has been accomplished. even though i'm still living out of my suitcase, all my stuff has been relocated to either the storage shed, or momma's house. at some point, i will unpack and settle. since cat and poppy are closing on the brady house later this month, there is some stuff from there that will have to be integrated, so really there's no point in starting to settle, yet. i keep remind myself that in order to say "yes" to something, you often have to say "no" to something else. i think i've been saying "yes" and "no" in the right places, but it's still a scary process to put one life down, and pick another life up. in the end, i keep reminding myself that God offers each of us enough grace and mercy to get through everyday, and today is just a day. plus, it's good to be back in my mother's house. and we both agreed that we aren't allowed to talk about politics, so i should get to stay here for a while. tee hee.

today is rest day, and i slept until almost 1pm. a lady is quite tired. i know, i know, everyone is tired, and i'm a dirty whore for rubbing my sleep in your face. to top off the sleep-fest, i've been watching crap on tv for the last hour. there's this bizarre special on the discovery channel about this animal called hogzilla, that they killed in some random georgia swamp last summer. i have surely missed cable. i'll be getting my work info this afternoon,which will be good. i'm giving myself until labor day to start taking pictures and writing for the book.

btw, re: labor day-- who all is going to goat fest? i'm trying to decide if a pilgrimage to the b-town is in order. i figure richard's park may be a good place to get some seriously trashy pictures for the book, but i need to be assured that i will have an appropriate amount of people to form an entourage. lemme know, peeps.

big love to you all. and watch out for hogzilla, because apparently, they are EVERYWHERE.

mil besos-r

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, I'm going to that goat-fest with you. Man, you are making me hungry for some cabrito. Sorry it can't be this year.

Anonymous said...

Hey Rach, I saw Cat today at lunch at Cafe on the Square! It was so nice to see her! I will be here for Goat-Fest, but won't be any fun considering the bun in the oven, but none the less would love to help you find great bathroom pics!!! How fun!

Beth said...

Can I be allowed in your entourage? I'm sure there will be enough trashy pictures to fill up a book. or two.

Lisa said...

Even I, with no relatives still living in that area, will be venturing to Brady Texas for the goat fest. I will be making my annual trip in order to see all those I want to see, and even those I do not care to. I would love to see you, it has been way too long. I am actually going up to visit Beth in Austin this next weekend, so if you are able to make an appearance, I would be so happy

Anonymous said...

In order to provide balance to you comments section, I am writing to indicate that I am NOT going to goat-fest. Not that it should surprise you.

Goats are smelly and between N and bean and the fur babies, I have enough stank in my life. ; )

Anonymous said...

Dammit... where is the chellspecker when you need it.

cory said...

Of course, I'll be there. Why wouldn't I be? Besides, I've already reserved a hospital room...no backing out now!