23 August 2007

good lord, have mercy...

i wish i had something of import to say at this point. i just don't, because i am so tired right now. i'm trying really hard to rest and take care of myself, it's just hard right now. too many different directions, and i feel like i'm being sort of drawn and quartered. and i know that when this happens, parts of my life will suffer. there will be people who don't get enough of my attention. there will be things that don't get done (like cleaning the bathroom...sorry jinx!) or will get done to a point that they keep me up until all hours trying to make them perfect. this is how i know it's fall. that and everyone in my universe is going through some kind of transition that's driving them nuts in some form or fashion. my days have seemed so long this week, i think because i've been eating lunch at my desk. not leaving here for an hour in the middle of the day makes it seem so much longer. thank goodness today is my version of friday. hopefully, if i can keep all my plates in the air for 72 more hours, i can get my house cleaned and my laundry done.


my crazy old people make me laugh. i wish i could tell you some of their stories, but i know it's agains the rules. they are pretty amazing, though. some of them are funny, some of them will break your heart. none of them are boring, though. and that's a good thing.

i caught myself singing along with the radio today. the song on was an old, old, old duran duran track (ordinary world). i hadn't heard it in years, but i still knew every word. i felt sightly uncool about how well i knew the words, and how much i liked the song. i've sort of reconciled that now, though. random, i know. kind of like how i feel like i iron my clothes with more vigour if i watch a western while i do it. raise your hand if you watched lonesome dove AND tombstone this week--i have a plethora of ironed clothes, now. finally.

that's all. i need a nap. or maybe just to sleep for 36 hours. maybe i'll take myself to the zoo on saturday...

mil besos--rmg

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Jefe, what is a plethora?"

Anonymous said...

"COULD IT BE THAT ONCE AGAIN YOU ARE MAD AT SOMETHING ELSE AND TAKING IT OUT ON ME EL GUAPO"

SETH

Anonymous said...

"El Guapo, I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education, but could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?"


BW