17 August 2005

ch-ch-changes

life moves pretty fast-- ferris bueller said that, and i believe it. mom and the texas grand parents are going to b-town this weekend to close up shop at the old house. there will be the requisite garage sale, so if you're in the neighborhood, be sure to drop by for some good swag. slightly used swag, but good swag, never the less. the movers are picking up the rest of the stuff on monday and moving it down here.

my alabama grandparents are also moving out of their house. they've lived in the same town and the same house for 40-odd years. they have alot of stuff to move, as well. and they are moving to be closer to granny's irish twin, my aunt cynthia, and her husband, uncle devon (pronounced dee-von). they will also be closer to my uncle pedro and aunt inez, which is a good thing. i'm sure if you're in the neighborhood for that garage sale, you could also pick up some nice, slightly used swag, as well.

all the moving and scurrying is a little disconcerting. i still wake up from dreams sometimes wondering what house i'm in, or apartment, or dorm room. it's a little bizarre, but it's part of life.

tuesday night, i will be sleeping in my new/old bed. get this-- the bedroom suit i'm using was bought for me before i was born, at a random estate sale/garage sale in the b-town. it was my first bed, after i graduated from my baby bed. and the mattress is the same one i've had since i was 10. it's a good mattress. it will be good to be in that bed, again. life seems to be asking me to go back home, for a little while. and i don't care what any one says, you can go home, again. i know it because i'm there.

in retrospect, the last five years since i graduated college have been on fast-forward-- i haven't stopped for longer than ten days to stop and evaluate in that whole time. prolly not such a hot idea. and my psyche and body are kicking my ass for that lack of rest. but family is good for the soul, and mine is surely being soothed. can't wait to get all the way back on my feet and start visiting the far flung relations and the far flung friends. life is good, and getting better every day.

mil besos--r

No comments: