27 March 2012

mile marker

i went for my first run, yesterday, in the neighborhood just around the corner from my apartment.  (as a side note--definitely not renewing my lease...gunshots, pretty close, twice in the last six weeks, and the cops showing up all strapped in their vests and pounding on the apartment upstairs and across the way from me helped me make up my mind.  holy canoli...) at any rate, the run went much better than i anticipated.  running in public did not induce the shame-spiral i was sure it would, which was a nice thing.  that was the furthest i'd run since i was probably eighteen or nineteen years old.  i was pleasantly surprised.  

then, wonder of wonders, i did a whole hour of yoga, after my run.  

this is really happening.  

mil besos,
rmg

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Way to Go, RG! One day at a time!