29 September 2005

thank God

...it's friday
...for my family, who rocks
...for beta blockers
...for levon helm and robbie robertson
...for xm radio
...for austin, texas
...for employment
...for good friends
...for the fact that tonight i will be asleep before 1 am
...for cold fronts
...for me finally being done with moping around about being old and single
...for baby will, who weighs three pounds, and isn't even due for another two months
...for phone calls and text messages
...for blue skies and green grass and brown dirt, my favorite color trio
...for friday night football games and hot chocolate and knowing i'm not in the band anymore
...for annie lennox's whole "bare" album. i don't care if it sold well or not, i love that thing.
...for "long ride home" by patti griffin
...for mix cds from your friends who sometimes know you better than you know yourself
...for canolis with extra chocolate chips
...for vueve cliquot champagne
...for lone star light beer in a bottle
...for buy one get one free anything

...for you
...for me

mil besos--r

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TGIF to you too and for vueve cliquot champagne of which I had last night for my b-day celebration! Yeah 27 and 30!

Anonymous said...

for hurricanes that didn't hit
for people who make me laugh
for new roads, even if that means ours won't cross as often