29 July 2005

champagne or bourbon?

well, i've reached the finish line, thanks be to God. today was my last official day as youth minister at the shep. sunday is my farewell/retirement party. i'm having a wide range of emotions, at the moment.

i'm caught somewhere between putting in my scissor sisters' cd and cracking open a bottle of champagne to celebrate being done and putting in a johnny cash cd and cracking open a bottle of jack daniels and being a little sad. what i will actually do is get a coke slurpee from 7-11, listen to james mcmurtry and some other mix cds and finish packing up my apartment. drinking alone is never a good idea, and i have a ton of stuff to do that is better done while not sweating out any kind of adult drink.

the last four years have been amazing. thanks for reading the blogs and email updates throughout. i'm not done with the blogs or the random emails, but they will be a different kind of flavor, probably. and thanks also for putting up with my endless stories about "my kids" at parties, on camping trips, in the car, etc. it goes without saying that they have brought so much to my life-- it's been an amazing ride. and in spite of the bittersweet that goes with saying goodbye to anything, i'm ready to stop riding for a while.

the picture taking and writing commences next week. so, keep your eyes peeled in the bathroom, and let me know if you find any gems. that way, you will be keeping me busy, and almost certainly guaranteeing yourself a visit from me. yay.

mil besos-rmg

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well congrats! you made it though alive, and good luck on the next journey that you're about to start. can't wait to see what's in store for you and therefore my reading pleasure. love you gravesy!

Anonymous said...

It's good, it's bad, but really, it's good. Looking forward to seeing you next week and hearing all about the book. And you can't stop writing, what would I do when I wanted to look like I was working?

Beth said...

i won't judge you for drinking jack and listening to the scissor sisters. cuz i like 'em both!!!!

Anonymous said...

it is an extreme understatment to say that you will be missed... go forth and fill the world with good, good things.