26 July 2005

this is like that one pixie's song...

you know the one i'm talking about, probably. if you've seen fight club. if you haven't, the rest of this post won't make much sense to you. but you should keep reading anyway, because i'm so tired that i'll probably say some funny things.

With your feet in the air
And your head on the ground
Try this trick and spin it, yeah
Your head will collapse
But there's nothing in it
And you'll ask yourself
Where is my mind
Where is my mind
Where is my mind

that's the part in the movie when all the bank buildings start exploding and the entire world gets put on reset. i'm right there, kids. reset.

i am showing the apartment at 8 tonight, after my last meeting for work. my favorite kids keep dropping by and staying...and staying...and staying. it's kind of like the time i tried to quit smoking by chaining a whole pack in the hopes that i would just get sick of them and never want one again. the only thing THAT little experiment brought me was a raspy voice for about a week and a really over-stimulated nicotine drive. what THIS little experiment is getting me is way behind in my schedule of "Things To Do", but i love it, anyway. seriously, if i have to go to snow beach one more time, i am going to turn into a freaking wedding cake flavored snow cone.

my farting cherub has been right by my warm side since saturday, almost non-stop. i adore this kid. but he's such a pain in the ass, too. i will have a child this disgusting and wonderful this day, if G-d is merciful and humorus, at the same time. but he's working my nerves a little bit, too. he told me yesterday that he wanted to spend "pretty much every available minute hanging out until you leave..." what the hell? it's not like i'm dying. don't get me wrong, it's good to be loved, as well. but today, when i was trying to get my database synched up with the main database in the office, and the farting cherub was laying on the floor like a human rug and singing the sponge-bob song, i had some serious questions about whether or not i can, in fact, maintain some semblance of sanity for the rest of this week. sweet mother of mercy...

and then one of my drama queens has been by my warm side all week, as well. she's freaking about college and talking smack about the boy who broke up with her right after she took him to prom. and i have had to hear alot about rush clothes, which would be a stretch for me to listen to on a good day. the upside, this little drama queen left me the new US weekly, with jude law on the cover--which i haven't gotten to read in two days because of the packing madness, etc. and i don't care that he got busted with his nanny--i mean, i do care-- it's just further evidence of the decay of blah blah blah, what--i'm too tired to liberal rant--isn't that sick a little bit? at any rate he's beautiful to look at-- way, way, way far out of this lady's league, but still beautiful to view, despite the fact that he's a two-timing schmuck.

i have to go to one last vestry meeting. father rhoda says they have a treat for me...

i'll keep you posted.

mil besos-r

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, consider yourself linked baby! we will see you this weekend