21 July 2005

i can see the finish line

oh friends and neighbors, we are approaching the end of something. and while its a little sad, i'm mostly just ready to sleep for about a week. then i'll ponder.

yesterday, i did something i've never done before. i'd thought about it for a while, and had always passed over the idea and just gone back to my old methods. yesterday, i got my legs waxed. i'm left feeling the following: 1) i can't believe i just paid someone 30 bucks to put me through that. 2) i can't believe i didn't shave for two point five weeks. 3) i can't believe after all that, my legs still aren't smooth, and once i shave them, they will be patchy for the rest of the summer. what the hell people? i am boycotting leg waxing for the rest of my adult life.

and, as if that weren't enough, while the lady was waxing my eyebrows (a practice i strongly advocate and will continue to favor), she was doing some tweezing, and came across this eyebrow hair that was like 2 inches long. no kidding, i know it was that long, because she made me open up my eyes to look at it. i don't know who was more bothered by it-- her or me. at least it wasn't a gray eyebrow. that could have been bad...

back to cleaning out and sorting through the last four years of my life...its been interesting, so far.

mil besos--r

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to try leg waxing...so you do not recommend?
How are you girl, I miss you!!!
Amanda

Martin said...

hello!