18 July 2005

wow

holy crap. thank God i'm home. what was i thinking taking a 12 day trip two weeks before i quit my job? sweet lord.

speaking of job and life...

here's the plan, as of now...
1. dump the apartment. know anyone who needs a 1 bedroom in central/north austin (like around highland mall) for $540 a month? lemme know...
2. trade into a smaller car
3. move in with mom and live rent free
4. write my book, take road trips to get pictures for my book
5. finally get to be a waitress because i've always wanted to do that and i will need to make some freaking money to pay for car/film/bills at momma's house.
6. come see some of you freaks and make you take me out to fun places with good material for my book

love to you all. i'm off to take a snooze for about 18 hours.

mil besos--rmg

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, my suggestion for renting out your apt is to list it on craigslist.com. You could even list it as a vacation rental for all those folks traveling to Austin. Anyway, that's my two-cents. I'm glad you are doing what you are doing. I think you will need to make a visit to the Chili Bowl soon!

Anonymous said...

HEY i KNOW SOMTHING FUNNY FOR YOUR BOOK. MAYBE A HIDDEN CHAPTER OR SOMTHING. ONE DAY, SINCE YOU HAVE NOTHING TO DO, GO INTO THE NEAREST MALL OR WAL MART. REALLY ANYTHING WITH A BIG PUBLIC REST ROOM. GO IN TO THE STALL THAT IS FARTHEST FROM THE DOOR. AND SEE HOW LONG YOU CAN REMAIN IN THE BATHROOM. TO MAKE IT MORE INTERESTING TAKE A NOTEBOOK WITH YOU. WRITE DOWN EACH EXPERIENCE YOU HAVE WHEN A NEW PERSON USES THE HEAD. IF THEY FART WHEN THE PEE IF THE PEE WHEN THEY POOP IF THEY TALK TO THEMSELVES IF THE HOCK LOOGIES ON THE FLOOR. TRUST ME IT WILL BE A TREASURE TROVE OF MATERIAL FOR BASICALLY ANY SUBJECT YOU COULD CHOOSE TO WRITE ON.

VIVA LA REVELUCION
LAB'AN GRA'VES

Lisa said...

What kind of material are you looking for? Because if you want to travel a down a road with me, I would love to take you for the trip, you know, get you inside my head if you are not already there!!

our lady of perpetual stuff and nonsense said...

you people crack me up! the aim of the book is to take as many pictures of funny graffitti as possible, and write short but thoughtful essays re: same. i'm going to try to keep it mostly clean (i mean, i want my grandparents to buy a copy) because i want my kids to be proud of it, one day. love to all--r

Anonymous said...

Well Gravesey, I'm sure we could find you some type of material for your book in the land of College Station, but then again myabe that's just my biast wish for you to visit me here! Especially if you're looking for anything to do with beer or drinkin' cuz apparently that's what's hip in this town, who'd a thunk it:) Maybe it'll just have to not be book worthy and be more like the old school couselor camper catch up over a drink or meal or something cuz we can do that stuff now in Texas. Love you!! ~L Sykes

Lisa said...

Hey Ray,
We could go down to South Dallas and get some pictures there. Only thing is that you will need steel toe boots, a bullet proff vest, a biohazzard, non-penetratable suit, and then a gun if you have one.