25 July 2005

simplify, simplify, simplify

the great transition of 2005 is in full swing. i'm about 1/4 moved, with a ton of stuff still to pack. derkerita is a genius for suggesting that i post up my sub-lease on craigslist, because i just might get it unloaded, now. my texas grandparents think they want to buy my car from me, and give me the townie for a trade-in. i changed my phone plan to a cheaper one (i still have a ridiculous amount of minutes, so don't stop calling). i need to cancel my gym membership so i can save a little jack. but, best of all, i have employment, again. i'll be my sweet baby a's care attendant, which i am very humbled and excited to do for him, his mom, and his brother. i am totally exhausted and can't wait to take a nap, but that will have to wait for a week or two. christmas looks promising...

life is good. i'm relishing the thought of packing up, leaving things packed for a while, and figuring out how and when and where to start fresh. it's daunting, but very exciting, as well. in the meantime, i'm spending a lot of time with my best kids. we are laughing, crying, packing, and telling stories. it's nice. but it also makes me a little more tired everytime i hang out with them. ah, the freaking irony.

i can't wait to start on the book. it's time.

mil besos-r

1 comment:

Beth said...

i can't freaking wait for this book.