04 May 2005

making it

that's what i'm shooting for, at this point. just making it. my allergies are killing me today. the smoke from mexico is making me feel like some serious run over poop today. i contemplated staying home today, but i knew i had a meeting at work, and some phone calls to make, and i would think about work, even if i weren't at work. so i put on my cute long red linen skirt and my favorite brown t-shirt from old navy and went to work. the meeting was good. long, but good. and now i have a headache. i probably haven't fed my caffiene beast enough today. i may go make a pot of coffee to remedy that situation shortly. like you needed to know that, but whatever.

i bought a leonard cohen cd yesterday. despite what baby nels' mother had to say about it, i am rather enjoying it. in fact, it's fairly brilliant and wonderful. lots of good lyrics, lots of good acoustic guitar. and the fact that mr. cohen's voice isn't overwhelming lets you really listen to what he's got to say. i like it. you should check it out on itunes, or something. sisters of mercy is an excellent track, as is chelsea hotel.

i wish i had something fabulous to say, but my allergy head prevents me from communicating anything profound at this point. i think i'm going to go buy some black and white disposable cameras and start snapping pictures for my bathroom graffitti book. i just have to figure out if i'm only going to shoot texas bathroom graffitti, or if i'm going to take it with me to tennesee on mission trip later this summer. it's going to mean staying pretty organized and writing down locations and exposure numbers on lots of notepads. probably also means having mini-essays about each place i stop. it may just turn into an extended blog entry, for all i know, but i have got to have a creative outlet at the moment, or my head might explode.

mil besos--r

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spachel,
Do you want to enlist other people in your bathroom graffiti mission? I don't specifically know where any is, but I always carry a camera with me. And will it be a book that has both b&w and color photos?

our lady of perpetual stuff and nonsense said...

Kritha--i would be all about a collaboration at this point. and i know that you and i have a mutual appreciating for all things bathroom. i think there might be a few color pics, but black and white just makes everything look so classy...

Beth said...

I heart Leonard Cohen. I'm pleased that you enjoy him also.