24 May 2005

wonderment, part two

my mom is offically the smartest person i know. i've known that for sometime now, but feel compelled to say it in a public venue. and even though we absolutely don't agree on things like politics or whether or not i should have short hair, i still think she's a genius.

i'd also like to thank her for not killing me when i was in junior high, because G-d knows i gave her plenty of chances and reasons. and i'm sure that she would have much rather had my brother and i ride in the trunk on some of those trips to see the alabama folks, instead of listening to us fight and call each other sweet names like butt-face or fart-knocker (that one still cracks me up...)

some answers to this morning's questions:

1) tom cruise makes news because he is prettier than the average man. that's all there is to it. it's not right, but that's the way it is.

2) mj is a big old freak, all accusations of parental misconduct aside. and letterman will always be better than leno. period.

3) dr. spock would definately not approve of putting your kids in the trunk to see grammy. but maybe if we supported a movement to apply a living wage to working families, the fam in question could have freaking gone greyhound.

4) coffee sketches me out because i let it. i have moved on to tea.

5) i remember what i wear because i like memories better than money. i call the bank to make sure i have money, even though i know i do. i chalk that up to not wanting to get caught off guard, even though i know i won't. it's bizarre, i know.

6) my grandmother's tuna fish salad tastes better because, like my brother says, she makes it with extra love, and that's something you can't make for yourself.

in other news...
save your pocket money. i may need it for bail, if not this weekend, then next weekend.

esteban is coming in this weekend for merriment and memorializing, and the next weekend, the derkirita and kk and i are going to big bend, etc. for some much needed vacationizing and debauchery. at least as much debauchery as the three of us can kick up in brewster county. i'll admit that while we are nice girls, we do in fact know some people who have done naughty things. like skinny dipping at rio vista and getting busted right before graduation. so, even though we won't be super-bad, i can imagine that we will gossip and drink beer and tell scary stories. and we will probably eat some chocolate. and derkirita and kk will roast peeps by the campfire while i try not to throw up. it's going to be a good time. and there will be a lot of music, as well.

which brings me to another fine point-- the wild bean made me a weezer mix sunday night. i haven't taken it out of my cd player yet. i adore weezer. the sweater song makes me feel all sassy and nostalgic at the same time. it's one of those songs that i could totally get busted singing to at a stop light and about which i would feel utterly unapologetic. same goes for "crash on the barrelhead" by the old 97's.

oh geeze, it's three o'clock. time to do work. i'll try and give you people more inane drivel to read later this pm...

mil besos-r

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel--I do agree with you--Letterman will ALWAYS be better than Leno. I thought it was classic comedy when he put up a giant billboard right next to Leno's billboard that said "I'm number two." Letterman was in fine form. Leno's billboard stated that he was no. 1. Whatever. I had to cut the article out and post it on my fridge it was so damn funny.

As for pocket money I just got some more bling in my bank account (Thank G-d for raises). Let's raise some hell in brewester county. Don't worry, you'll love the peeps.

Martin said...

Letterman? Leno? Who are these clowns?

(Actually, I know who Leno was because he was on the news yesterday and I actually bothered to watch the mandatory bit about the Jackson trial for a change because you'd mentioned it)