25 May 2005

wednesday morning, 10:15am

i've already had two laughing fits today, and no coffee. i hope you folks are ready for a fun day. i know i am.

first fit-- i went to bed with wet hair last night, and woke up with major chicken hair. lumps, bumps, and weird waves. for those of you who have seen me in such a state, to say that it's not pretty seems like a horrible understatement. so, instead of hopping in the shower, i turned on the sink and just stuck my head under the faucet, which would have been fine, (i have done this before, countless times...) had i not gotten a big chunk of hair stuck in the drain. it hurt real bad. but i was laughing to hard to panic. i leaned further into the sink, by this time trying not to panic, but still laughing, and gently pulled my hair out of the sink. i am very picky and protective when it comes to my hair, so i was very very glad that i didn't have to cut any of it off to extricate myself from the sink.

second fit--my old roomie , the soon to be mrs. CHRISTman (yes, i spelled it that way on purpose, and no she's not going to become a nun...) sent me a lovely mix cd last week. there's this great song on it called "david duchovney" by a band called bree sharp. what a super song! i laughed and laughed, and then replayed it so i could sing along to the chorus. my favorite tag: to kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me, why won't you love me, david duchovney?" i got the giggles again. and they lasted for a while, because once i got to work...

it was breakfast time. i know, i will miss this kind of lax working environment when i finally grow up and go all corporate. so, i made myself some oatmeal (pick yourself off the floor mom, i really do like the stuff now). only i didn't make it right, because i put too much water in the mug. and it ended up all soupy and gooey, but not in a good way. so, instead of pouring that out and starting over, i just kept adding oatmeal packets. i ate three oatmeal packets for breakfast. i'm expecting some interesting developments over the next few hours...i hope i don't explode.

i'll keep you posted, sort of.

in other blogs, my good friend bethy @ www.bethsincessantramblings.blogspot.com
has a very good (i think so anyway) post up about stem cell research. check it out.

mil besos--r

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo to fits, Mrs. CHRISTman (I think it'd be funny if she WERE becoming a nun and you referred to her as that...though I'm glad she's not actually becoming a nun), David Duchovny, and to RACHEL!!